- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
January 7, 2015 at 4:34 pm #260Mary KapcoeParticipant
The board is working with the computer, but there is no ‘Annotate over the desktop’ button on the home screen or drop menu. Necessary for instruction.
January 7, 2015 at 8:35 pm #3875AnonymousInactive
Depending on what you want to annotate over…?
If MS Office have you tried marking up directly in Word egg. Through Microsoft own ‘inking’ tools in the ‘Review’ tab. Otherwise, you add tools to your tool palette to personalise it. Go to File, settings and then commands. Find the desktop annotate tool and ‘add’.
Let us know if either of these work for you.
January 7, 2015 at 9:19 pm #3876AnonymousInactive
If you do not see the desktop annotate option after following Jon’s steps, then most likely you are running on the personal edition of the software. Only the professional edition will have this feature unlocked. Have you recently installed the software on this computer?
Your reference number is 00477191.
January 7, 2015 at 9:26 pm #3877AnonymousInactive
The Annotate Over
Desktop tool is only available in the Professional Edition of the ActivInspire
To confirm whether the
Personal or Professional Edition is in use, look in ActivInspire’s ‘Help’ menu
for ‘About’ (in Windows) or in the ‘ActivInspire’ Menu, under ‘About
ActivInspire…’ (in OS X); in bold type across the top of the window will be the
version number of the software, preceded by either “ActivInspire Personal Edition”
or “ActivInspire Professional Edition”.
If “ActivInspire Personal Edition” is in use, then
you will need to acquire an activation key for the software, which will be 20
digits long and start with either 0015 or 0016.
If your IT staff does not have a key available or if there is not a Key label
on your board, please
contact our support team, who can assist you in generating an activation
key using either the board’s
Serial Number and Product Code or a
connection to a piece of Promethean hardware.
If “ActivInspire Professional
Edition” is in use, please check under your ‘Tools’ menu for the Desktop Annotate
Tool. If it present there and not in
your toolbox, you can add it through ActivInspire’s Settings or Preferences (Windows
or OS X, respectively) in the “Commands” tab there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)